TWT -- the wrenching thread

any kind soul around this weekend want to help me troubleshoot a water leak on my 62? trying to figure it out before I get my floorboards fixed/sound deading/new carpet.

will gladly give you as much beer as required

So glad it got saved
Bucky had an exciting weekend. I replaced all the coolant hoses, flushed radiator, fixed horns, got all the lights working (including the dome light), replaced fuel sender, new wiper blades and cup holders. Just got it tagged and insured. It has taken me a year to get to this point but I'm happy to say that Bucky is now a man about town!
View attachment 2056911View attachment 2056912View attachment 2056913View attachment 2056914View attachment 2056915

anyone that's dealt with leaks on the FJ62 before... I found my leak:

I sprayed the hell out of the car and about 5-10 minutes later, water started coming in from this area behind the passenger side kick panel. Should that space be open or would it be an indicator of something else?

Thanks!

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star

Cowl area seam sealer is going bad, and/or the rain gutter is sealant is bad. I've got the same issue right now.

Rain gutter you can do from the exterior, but for the cowl area seam sealer, you have to pull the front outer fender.

Cowl area seam sealer is going bad, and/or the rain gutter is sealant is bad. I've got the same issue right now.

Rain gutter you can do from the exterior, but for the cowl area seam sealer, you have to pull the front outer fender.
thank you! think it might be the former. i removed the sealer on the passenger side last weekend and filled it with some permatex as a temporary solution (going to do some rust repair soon). probably didn't do the best job on it but seems solid.

anyone want to help me pull a fender? i only have screwdrivers until i move from my 400 sq ft studio :bang:

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star

thank you! think it might be the former. i removed the sealer on the passenger side last weekend and filled it with some permatex as a temporary solution (going to do some rust repair soon). probably didn't do the best job on it but seems solid.

anyone want to help me pull a fender? i only have screwdrivers until i move from my 400 sq ft studio :bang:
Yeah, you can come by my place at some point and we can do ours together. Booked this weekend and next, but pm me and we'll figure something out.

Top Bottom