TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread

RedHeadedStepChild

Proudly wearing my MC1R mutation!
SILVER Star
I hate when words change meaning over time and nobody informs me. I’ve still been using Snowflake as a slur towards us white people.
I just thought it was that s*** I dealt with for 6 long grey months up here.
We prefer pigmently challenged, thank you very much
I have pigment. One little spot for each sole.

NCFJ

Supporting Vendor

I am heading out to the shop to work, although with all this free stuff I don't know why I bother.

Free stuff being offered up this voting cycle

*College
*Childcare
*Healthcare
*Drugs
*Alternate Energy
*Debt
*Raises
*Subsidies
*Benefits
*Sick Days
*Pre-K
*Doubling the EIC
*Family Leave
*Certain Lending
*Abortions
*Foreign Aid
*Mental Health Counseling
*Agriculture
*Seawalls
*Reparations
*Military Engagements
*Infrastructure
*Art
*Housing
*Increases To Current Entitlement Programs
*Money For Everyone, Monthly, Just Because

list taken from publication

On student debt - -

What we REALLY need is a high school class about finance, personal finances, micro economics. Maybe do that for first half of the year and then the second half do more of that, but have students come up with THEIR plans for after high school.

These schools just slap a little economic theory into Social Studies classes and that is it. The "business" class is an elective and is more about leadership and crap like that. The "business" clubs are more political than practical.

This is the news story I watched about student debt that made me mad. I may have overstated things a bit:

NCFJ

Supporting Vendor

The bottom line on all of this is that the current system in place loans money to every Tom, Dick and Harry based on pretty much zero proof of payment. So they will loan a KID essentially the cost of a small starter house with no working background or credit to speak of. Now those same people are all surprised we have a "crisis". So the answer? Pay off all their loans for them at my expense. Yours too.

My question, what is being done right now to curb these loans?

Izzyandsue

Izzy
SILVER Star
The bottom line on all of this is that the current system in place loans money to every Tom, Dick and Harry based on pretty much zero proof of payment. So they will loan a KID essentially the cost of a small starter house with no working background or credit to speak of. Now those same people are all surprised we have a "crisis". So the answer? Pay off all their loans for them at my expense. Yours too.

My question, what is being done right now to curb these loans?
parents co-sign those mofos, I had to of my middle son wouldnt get it

David1947

Older Than Most
SILVER Star
My daughter is a prime example. Started out at UNC-W, then went to UNC-G and finished at Clemson with a degree in Psychology. Now she is an import billing clerk at WestPoint Stevens in Anderson, SC. He student loans weren't that bad, I paid for a lot but when I lost my job in 2005 she had to pay the rest.

stevezero

SILVER Star

On student debt - -

What we REALLY need is a high school class about finance, personal finances, micro economics. Maybe do that for first half of the year and then the second half do more of that, but have students come up with THEIR plans for after high school.

These schools just slap a little economic theory into Social Studies classes and that is it. The "business" class is an elective and is more about leadership and crap like that. The "business" clubs are more political than practical.

This is the news story I watched about student debt that made me mad. I may have overstated things a bit:

that needs to happen in 8th or 9th grade, if not sooner. the entire high career is measured for college acceptance, and get them at a young enough age to understand the cost of a degree, or trade school, or what it takes to run a household.

:rofl: Her "dream job" was registering voters? :rofl: I would bet you could find a lot of retired people to do that for free yet she came out of college with $50k+ in debt to register voters! What are these educated idiots thinking? Or are they thinking?
I couldn't agree more. That's exactly what I thought when I watched the video. Not everyone needs to go to college. Mike Rowe has a great point with his mikeroweWorks initiative. There are plenty of good paying blue collar jobs out there and a huge shortage of people to fill the open positions that are out there.

Top Bottom