Nebraska Cruisers Introductions

More activity here in the last day than the previous year. Firthone I lived near Norris many years growing up so am familiar with the area. Some nice looking Cruisers you own.

corn man

SILVER Star

Lets see a pic of the Green Machine Firthone--I think I saw you this afternoon turning off by Walgreens on 56th & Pine Lake. Agree Sameulsmith--the board is stirring again!

Hello! It took me awhile to figure out there was a Nebraska club section, but I made it nonetheless.
My name is Clayton and I live in Loomis. My rig is a 76 fj40 and I have been rebuilding it for about a 1.5 years. It was in horrible condition but progress is ongoing. I have a build thread showing my progress. Curing cancer, 76 FJ40

Grench

SILVER Star

Welcome!

We don't have a lot of activity here, but keep an eye out occasionally. We've been discussing the potential of a spring meet-up. Likely to be hot dogs & soda at ET Mahoney SP.

Hello! It took me awhile to figure out there was a Nebraska club section, but I made it nonetheless.
My name is Clayton and I live in Loomis. My rig is a 76 fj40 and I have been rebuilding it for about a 1.5 years. It was in horrible condition but progress is ongoing. I have a build thread showing my progress. Curing cancer, 76 FJ40
That's in my neck of the woods! I'm down in Beaver City!

Guess I haven't done a good job of keeping up with the site. Anyway I'm Ben. I live SW of Papillion. 96 LX, locked, medium lift, 315 trail grapplers, TRD Trail Team wheels (FJ Cruiser 16's), LED dash, speakers, cupholders.

Time is limited, but I enjoy wrenching, axle rebuilds, and welding (I'm a hack welder). I love the fact that most LC parts are rebuildable.

The LX was her daily driver for the last 9 years. I assumed possession last year and took a trip to Tuttle with some Jeeps before doing any mods other than maintenance. It was fun to outperform and then rescue modded Jeeps from various obstacles. For fun I hit a long water crossing trail through the lake up to the windshield. No water inside except for in the doors via the keyholes. I had the lock cylinders out for repair at the locksmith. Always take recovery straps for the Jeeps!

Hope to see you all around.

The 285 Terra Grapplers in the pix below had 100,000 miles on them - very bald

IMG_3271.JPG

IMG_3259.JPG

IMG_3279.JPG

IMG_3281.JPG

Glad to have found a local section. This is Matt from Lincoln. Recently bought a '96 locked after a lot of searching locally. It's mostly stock currently and will be starting to slowly build on to it as time allows. First is those darn electric seat gears.

Grench

SILVER Star

Glad to have found a local section. This is Matt from Lincoln. Recently bought a '96 locked after a lot of searching locally. It's mostly stock currently and will be starting to slowly build on to it as time allows. First is those darn electric seat gears.
Welcome! :flipoff2:

My solution for the seat gears was to pull the seat, adjust it to where I wanted it, put it back in and leave the motors disconnected. My whole family is ~6' tall, so it more or less works that way.

Resurrecting this thread... I bought a '92 80 Series in Phoenix this November and drove it back to Omaha. It's my daily now. Don't see too many Cruisers around here, but have seen a few. Let me know if any of you ever head down to Tuttle in the spring, I've been there more times than I can count (just not in this truck, yet). Or really, if there's any other meet ups going on.

2 E L O

SILVER Star
Hey guys, I picked up this LX450 in Des Moines yesterday. High mileage and bad head gasket, possible bottom end damage. Some body rust but undercarriage isn't too bad. I'm going to part it out. It does have lockers, a 2.5" OME lift, and a brand new set of 35" ATs (qty. 5). I'll be posting in the parting out section but if you guys want anything let me know--it would be nice to meet up and avoid shipping across the country for some of this stuff.

IMG_8115.jpg

IMG_8116.jpg

i might be down for some bits.

interested in the head lights, door limiters, tailgate hinges, and possibly rear hatch, if its less rusty than mine.

—r

2 E L O

SILVER Star
i might be down for some bits.

interested in the head lights, door limiters, tailgate hinges, and possibly rear hatch, if its less rusty than mine.

—r
I will PM you. All that stuff should be good except the rear hatch. I’ll send you photos but it’s definitely got some rust and has been repainted. The glass and all other bits are good, but the sheetmetal is rough, in my opinion.

Hey guys, I picked up this LX450 in Des Moines yesterday. High mileage and bad head gasket, possible bottom end damage. Some body rust but undercarriage isn't too bad. I'm going to part it out. It does have lockers, a 2.5" OME lift, and a brand new set of 35" ATs (qty. 5). I'll be posting in the parting out section but if you guys want anything let me know--it would be nice to meet up and avoid shipping across the country for some of this stuff.

View attachment 1595085

View attachment 1595086
How is the drivers mirror and what is that roof rack?

Greetings fellow Huskers,

This site is so vast, it took me 3 years to even realize there was a group here in Nebraska ! At any rate... my name is Thomas Seiler, an ol’ retired geeser of sorts. Here is a short run down of my past 4x4’s

My first vehicle:

1958 Willy’s pick-up
1974 FJ-40
1979 FJ-40

My last build, not quite yet complete is this 1967 FJ-45.

92432FAD-FD13-42B2-B851-B4E1A03E144E.jpeg

Went from this old picture

7F30C4AF-7871-40BC-BE5F-F7EA305B26A6.jpeg

6C2084C9-B5CF-40CD-8353-0B9281B7D805.jpeg

E41BC37F-61E7-4E79-B542-CBC602D88A4C.jpeg

To these recent pics about a month ago.....

Very close now to being complete.
After retiring from railroad work we made our home in Wellfleet NE. (between N. Platte and McCook)

The remainder of the build is primarily interior work. We used a 2006 Silverado frame (chopped) and the 6.0 liter engine. The Chevy being about 9 total inches wider called for various adjustments...

I have NO idea how this project is gonna ride or off-road. But for the most part I will be able to waltz into a part store and not only find parts, but afford them as well.

I so look forward to meeting fellow TLC maniacs such as yourselves...ain’t nothing like home grown ! :rofl:

GroundEater
‘45 Owners Club
Nebraska Flat Landers 👍

Last edited:
Hey Everyone!

I am moving to Papillion in 2 weeks from Las Vegas. Coming from the west, I'm pretty spoiled when it comes to diverse terrain. I'm hoping to find some nice areas within an hour or so of Omaha to get my dirt fix. Maybe we could meet up as well.

DSC07161.JPG

welcome to the omaha area. there are a few of us around. as for terrain... they don't let me out of the shop much.

--r

Top Bottom