My little doggie Rudy 12/20/2001 -8/8/2019

Rudster

I am not really sure what to say here as this is the first time having to do something like this but I felt I needed to pass this on to the CSC community as many of you knew my little doggie Rudy.

I had to send Rudy to doggie heaven the other day. It was such a difficult decision for me as he reached his point in time where his quality of life just was not there.

Rather than be selfish and hold on to him from day to day only to see him struggle, I knew he was in pain but he would never tell me.

Rudy was 17.5 yrs old. I rescued him when he was 2.5 yrs old so he spent the last 15 yrs with me having a wonderful time. Many of you knew Rudy, held Rudy and always asked about him. He went on many CSC camping adventures where many of you held him around the campfires. He was the best co-pilot you could ask for.

I want to Thank all of you who touched Rudys life as the love everyone had for him was the reason he was around for so long. I as well as Rudy are grateful to be part of this Land Cruiser community. Rest in peace my little guy. I miss you and will always be grateful you were part of my life. With all my love be in peace.

20190807_162333.jpg

20190629_093627.jpg

20190725_163031.jpg

Very sorry to hear about Rudy, always tough when that time comes, but you made the right decision. 😢 He lived a very long, lucky and loved life, and I'm glad I got to meet him. RIP little dude

Sorry to hear of your loss. I've only been on a few of the CSC outings, so really never knew Rudy. But, I understand what you're going through. I've always believed, dogs give us unconditional love only wanting one thing in return. That is, for us to have the courage that when their time runs short, we accept suffering the loss so they can rest in peace. RIP little guy - as there's no such thing as a bad dog.

blatant

Sorry to hear Mark. I know it hurts, alot. Hang in there, it's never easy but you'll eventually smile at what was.

I am sorry for the loss of your pup. My wife and I lost our Boxer in February after having her in our lives for 9 years. Her passing was not easy for us. We think of her and miss her daily.

medtro

Sorry for your loss. I remember Rudy from our trips and monthly meetings. RIP 🐕.

Otter

All Access Pass Holder
SILVER Star
Hate to hear that Mark. Those are tough decisions to make. Rudy will be missed.

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

Sorry for your lost Mark, Rudy was one of the special ones that really become part of the family. Only on a few runs with him but could tell how much he meant to you. Seventeen and a half years he had a long and good life because of you.

Mark,

Dog losses are insanely hard to deal with. I have balled my eyes out with every one. Every one has been unique and special in their own way. All I can say is that every new dog has given me equal to or greater than joy than the previous. So when you are ready add another family member. Sorry for your loss.

92LXAZ

SILVER Star
Ah sorry Mark. Same here putting our dog of 10 years down a few months ago. We feel for ya. Dogs sure are special.

That's awful Mark, so sorry to hear that. Rudy made a dent in all of our lives and he will be missed.

Top Bottom