fuel filter

Hello!
for those who have change the fuel filter on a 3b engine, (BJ73) do you guys follow a special procedure? do you guys fill up the filter with fuel before installation? thanks your wisdom will be greatly appreciate it!

on a side note, i order the fuel filter from cruiserparts.net and it seems a lot smaller than the original, have any of you guys installed that one and whats your experience?

2H same-same.. I prefill my new fuel filters with Liqui Moly Diesel Purge Plus.. it saves having to reprime and maybe it gives the injectors a good clean - time will tell, I'll pull them in another 150,00klms or so.. I've been doing it for the past 50,000klms and the injectors were fresh at that time.

Prefilling with fuel is a bit risky as you're filling the clean side of the filter.. you'd have to be certain of the cleanliness of the fuel you're using.

2H same-same.. I prefill my new fuel filters with Liqui Moly Diesel Purge Plus.. it saves having to reprime and maybe it gives the injectors a good clean - time will tell, I'll pull them in another 150,00klms or so.. I've been doing it for the past 50,000klms and the injectors were fresh at that time.

Prefilling with fuel is a bit risky as you're filling the clean side of the filter.. you'd have to be certain of the cleanliness of the fuel you're using.
Thank you so much! I do happen to have a bottle of liquimoly

Top Bottom