For Pete's sake, Lend a hand

@StucknKS What model remote start did you get? Or do you have a link to the seller? after the last couple of days, I'm thinking about one for my LX470.
That would be great is he does one for the 100/470. I'd definitely be interested in something that integrates with the stock fob
Mitch has an interest in this as well for his 470
The guy I got the remote start for the 4Runner from is looking into the 100/LX470’s. He is pretty bogged down at the moment so it may be a bit before he can come up with a kit. I’ll let you all know when I hear something.

I was recently at Harbor Freight and saw they carry plastic welding rod. Can you plastic weld them?
i've done some of the plastic weld in the past and never liked the way it turned out (never flares things like radiator shrouds) and continued to have issues. I think fiberglass or 3M product built up is the path. I have bent and riveted aluminum flat in u shapes on mine in a couple spots. seems to be holding up well. I'll have to look to see if i have pictures anywhere

I was recently at Harbor Freight and saw they carry plastic welding rod. Can you plastic weld them?
That is an idea. A friend works with industrial plastics. Wouldn’t hurt to take it to him and see what he suggests. He welded together my plastic drawer in my drawer system.

i've done some of the plastic weld in the past and never liked the way it turned out (never flares things like radiator shrouds) and continued to have issues. I think fiberglass or 3M product built up is the path. I have bent and riveted aluminum flat in u shapes on mine in a couple spots. seems to be holding up well. I'll have to look to see if i have pictures anywhere
I was thinking about something like you are suggesting with reinforcing with aluminum or even additional plastic over the break. What I read was to make sure to rough up/score the plastic to be glued.

I need to clean this one up and add some glue as it moves around a bit still. Another spot I need to find a picture of has a 1" wide u shape that is very firm where it needs to be.

20161018_232222.jpg

@StucknKS looks good brother. Also, I asked the tire gurus today and they said that kind of wear is very typical on a mud terrain. He said it is more important to cross rotate then with an AT.

Top Bottom