fj40 om617 swap... problems with VO in tank?

Hey guys,

need a little help.... I finished a om617 on my 77 fj40 a bit ago... truck is running good with no real issues. Its warmed up here so i filled up the tank with VO (i know its good oil, my other car is/ has been running on it for years and years with no issues at all.)

Regardless about a day after filling up the fj started clogging fuel filters. I drained the tank and there appears to be congealed oil in the bottom of the tank....

Ive never had this issue, and I'm not sure where to look. Is the VO reacting with the stock fuel tank?

id certainly appreciate any help/ advise!

Attachments

Do both vehicles have the same engine and same fuel system?

I haven't a clue what a "a om617 on my 77 fj40" is about. Is it relevant to your fuel problem?

Was the fuel tank cleaned before adding VO? If not then the VO likely reacted with crud in the tank and polymerized.

Both vehicles have the same engine... (the om617 is the mercedes 5cy turbo engine) and both have the stock fuel tanks/ system etc. The tank was clean and the j40 was running fine on pump diesel so I'm sure the problems are some how related to the WVO.

I guess I'm actually asking if the picture looks like polly, or if something else (in 4+ years of running on wvo I've never had an issue)

47coeman

Love those 45's
Are you heating the WVO before it hits your ip, it needs to be about 160F or you will have problems like coaking, that is the carbonizing of your rings.

Top Bottom