FJ40 & FJ60 Alternator Restorations

desmocruiser

SILVER Star

Nice work!!!

Do you have any cores? My 79 40 has an aftermarket alternator I would like to change out.

Can you restore/rebuild a smog pump for the same?

FJ60Cam

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

Nice work!!!

Do you have any cores? My 79 40 has an aftermarket alternator I would like to change out.

Can you restore/rebuild a smog pump for the same?
I do have a few cores. Send me a pic of what you’re looking for (plug, orientation, etc).

Not doing smog pumps right now.

@FJ60Cam I'm looking for a 27020-61070 (55 amp FJ60 alt) to put on my '77 FJ55. I can't find one on the web and was hoping you or @pardion would have a core that you could refurbish for me. No rush but it's on my list.

The PO had @Trollhole install A/C and I assume at the same time installed a Remy alternator. Unfortunately the alternator cannot always keep up when the A/C is on and typically/often/sometimes drains the battery. It's a bit of an intermittent problem but I figured I would change the alternator anyway to an internal regulated type and get some connectors from @Coolerman to wire it up. From everything I've read, 55 amps is OK to use with the OEM wiring and meter.
B182CF76-2E54-48DA-A20A-F69AB209A15B.jpeg

075BCAAE-6397-4A6D-BE37-50B3D31DEB8A.jpeg

AF7B036B-AC82-4CBA-9BB9-6261101A1DE1.jpeg

My FJ40 is equipped with electronic ignition, but I am different than others BC I travel the SE Asian Islands and ship y FJ40 by ferry. Recently y cruiser failed and I had no parts shop. I a native American from Texas. I was driving along and y electronic ignition failed. Stuck on side of road, no idea where to get parts or help. Finally had it towed and points put back in as original and alls great. So I have coe to the conclusion if you upgrade to Electronic Ignition, then buy a 2nd complete set for spare parts, or whats the other option? Points are simple for sure. Give e your thoughts pls.......

Top Bottom