CLC Tools and Shop Thread

jynx

Turd Herder
SILVER Star
Anyone got a good recommendation on a framing nailer? I got a few projects coming up and am thinking about investing in one to expedite things.

Have been doing some research, but thought I'd ask and see what you all may have experience with.

Thanks in Advance

FJ60Cam

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

Anyone got a good recommendation on a framing nailer? I got a few projects coming up and am thinking about investing in one to expedite things.

Have been doing some research, but thought I'd ask and see what you all may have experience with.

Thanks in Advance
Hitachi Full Round Head or GTFO. It’s the gold standard of framing nailers. My$.02... clipped heads are lame, coil nailers are heavy & more fuss to load/swap sizes. Full round head is the only way to roll if you are a gangster, and the Hitachi is the most gangster of that category.

Immediate and total street cred should it ever set foot on a job site.

MScruiser

obsessive-compulsive oppositional-defiant wise-ass
Supporting Vendor
Unless you are going to be a ton of work, you can’t beat a Harbor Freight framing nailer. This is coming from someone that runs and old school Dewalt too.

jynx

Turd Herder
SILVER Star
Hitachi Full Round Head or GTFO. It’s the gold standard of framing nailers. My$.02... clipped heads are lame, coil nailers are heavy & more fuss to load/swap sizes. Full round head is the only way to roll if you are a gangster, and the Hitachi is the most gangster of that category.

Immediate and total street cred should it ever set foot on a job site.

View attachment 1908231

Guess moving forward we all will just have to GTFO since Hitachi tools has become Metabo HPT... some buy out the end of 2018 brought about the new brand. Hitachi Power Tools and Metabo Bought by USA-Based KKR Private Equity Firm

From what I can tell it is the same tools, just rebranded with the new name. the Hitachi's seemed to be the higher reviewed of the units I looked at.

jynx

Turd Herder
SILVER Star
Man, having the right tool makes jobs soo much easier and less stressful.

Surgery to replace hinge on the Anco wiper box. Air cut off tool (from sister in law) for middle rivets and electric die grinder (from grandpa) for the hard to reach ones in the corners, and done!

0303191807.jpg

Now just have to get a replacement hinge and some rivets to wrap it up.

jynx

Turd Herder
SILVER Star
Anybody ever used an arbor press for U-joints? I need to do the joints on the pig and thought it might work for something like that. Looking at a 1 ton one. Thoughts?

JTU

SILVER Star
Anybody ever used an arbor press for U-joints? I need to do the joints on the pig and thought it might work for something like that. Looking at a 1 ton one. Thoughts?
I use one for all my u joint jobs. So much easier than two sockets and a hammer. I’m not sure what tonnage mine is but it’s been a lifesaver with some stubborn joints before.

Top Bottom