Appliance General Tech and Classifieds

JTU

SILVER Star
I hate dishwashers. 4 months ago I bought a commercial Maytag dishwasher, $950, a month ago it started leaking. Had repair guys out twice already to “fix” it and it still leaks.

MScruiser

obsessive-compulsive oppositional-defiant wise-ass
I’ve been running a Whirlpool for a few years. Trouble free so far...

dnp

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

KitchenAid has worked well for us in the past. This one is only about 5 years old, but it works great. And it's REALLY quiet....

HoneyBear

SILVER Star
+1 on Bosch. They are usually not in stock and wait for the monthly 20% off sale at Best Buy. When I bought (~4 years ago), Best Buy had the cheapest extended warranty and would price match. Homedepot was the most expensive on everything. Definitely the quietest dishwasher I've been around.

FJ60Cam

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

Man, f*wk this new fangled gadgetry they’re putting in water heaters these days. A few years back, the flue flapper went bad, now water is pouring from the gas solenoid box. Jeez...

They overnighted me parts under warranty, but what a pain.

B74FCB28-1FAF-4DA8-86C1-54D74F4E4755.jpeg

fountainhead

SILVER Star

Fxxx.

The gas solenoids on both of my furnaces were hit or miss all winter. I ordered some off of Amazon, but it got warm before I got around to replacing them. I'm sure I'll let it wait until it's an emergency (i.e. temps in the teens) before I get around to replacing them.

At least there's no water dripping all around my electrical connections...geez.

FJ60Cam

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

Wtf kinda design is this? Plastic probe threaded into a water tank 2” above a GIANT FLAME!

3CC14C70-3295-45A0-A745-D7989A5A28F5.jpeg

Got it installed with only a half dozen cuss words. Plugged it back in, refilled the tank, and it started working!

EBCB220A-EAF3-4718-B684-98F03150F540.jpeg

FJ60Cam

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

About ten minutes later, I came back to check for leaks and pack up the tools and noticed that it was flashing an error code for a tripped Flammable Vapor Sensor.

:bang:

I think being submerged in the pan didn’t help it. Who knows. They tried to charge me $37+ shipping for a new sensor, but I mentioned that I knew JTTMF’nT and they backedTF off and decided to overnight it no charge.

I wasted over half my day &$@#ing with this and still can’t take a warm shower or wash clothes.

Reactions: dnp

BMThiker

I aim to misbehave
SILVER Star

I've got some cheap ass Kenmore's that I inherited from my ex-GF. Been running solid since '98. :moon:
The clothes washer finally kicked the bucket last night and wouldn't drain or spin. What's e'rybody's favorite right now?

Cruiserdrew

On the way there
SILVER Star

Speed Queen? The same people that make washers and dryers for laundromats. And you can get versions with no electronic controls and go totally old school. Made in the USA! I've ever run one but they look like the thing to try. But all home appliances are in a race to the bottom, so beware.

Our next set of washer and dryer will be Speed Queen, in the lowest tech version that you can buy. All the old good name brands are gone. Maytag and Whirlpool are now made by grifters and imposters. And Kenmore is a lowest bidder situation. We're keeping our 30 year old washer and dryer going with occasional belts and parts. THey could go the distance, we'll see.

The real curse, is anything with a circuit board. If it has one, you'll get 10 years and then a mandatory replacement of the whole appliance.

Top Bottom