Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 100 - 200 $

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • More then 200$ just to have a rare and unique part

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

joekatana

GOLD Star

I have recently acquired a kit that protects all sharp edges when you have removed the FRP to on your 73 series.I believe that this was an option that only a few people actually payed extra for since in the 20 years I am wheeling and dealing in 70 series I have seen a total of 3 of these kits in 20 years.I believe that they are no longer available so I think we can call it a Pink Unicorn in tru Cruiser style.

14 oktober parts 039.JPG
14 oktober parts 041.JPG
14 oktober parts 046.JPG

I think this is a very cool thing to have and was wondering if you guys feel the same and if you do want one what would you be willing to pay for it ? I might find more on my part searches overseas ;)

Joe

Onur

GOLD Star

NICE WORK......

Those parts are available individually still from Toyota (non-US markets only).

But never seen the kit.

jfrench

Joe, I was going to reply to your classified thread on these. I think you're asking a good price and voted above. I paid more for the whole kit when I found them last year when looking for the doors they go with. And to clarify, these cover the holes in the doors that have removable uppers. A lot of 70s, especially the ones we're buying here in the US, do not have doors with removable uppers. Though not as much of a pink unicorn as these covers, the doors are hard to find too. And Beno can attest to this but I think the doors are still available from Mr. T (non-US markets only) but we're talking BIG $$$. Nice find

Onur

GOLD Star

Joe, I was going to reply to your classified thread on these. I think you're asking a good price and voted above. I paid more for the whole kit when I found them last year when looking for the doors they go with. And to clarify, these cover the holes in the doors that have removable uppers. A lot of 70s, especially the ones we're buying here in the US, do not have doors with removable uppers. Though not as much of a pink unicorn as these covers, the doors are hard to find too. And Beno can attest to this but I think the doors are still available from Mr. T (non-US markets only) but we're talking BIG $$$. Nice find

Doors are hard to find indeed. I'm sure Joe has a connection.

Interestingly enough, the upper window frames that are removable to take the top off ARE indeed available in the US market brand new. I couldn't believe it when I saw the availability. But they are available. And stupid cheap.

jfrench

Interestingly enough, the upper window frames that are removable to take the top off ARE indeed available in the US market brand new. I couldn't believe it when I saw the availability. But they are available. And stupid cheap.
That's crazy that they're available, and cheap. Can you get the rubber and glass in the US or just the metal frames? What about the doors, available in US? The Toyota parts world is crazy…things currently available in the US from 30 years ago for vehicles never sold in the US.

On an unrelated note, Beno, how far down the queue am on the parts order?

Onur

GOLD Star

That's crazy that they're available, and cheap. Can you get the rubber and glass in the US or just the metal frames? What about the doors, available in US? The Toyota parts world is crazy…things currently available in the US from 30 years ago for vehicles never sold in the US.

I was just writing you an email.

;)

joekatana

GOLD Star

Can you get me a qoute Onur,I have a set of bottoms sitting here but no uppers,pretty sure I can find some rusty ones to get the glass snd rubber if they are different.

Thanks

Joe

Onur

GOLD Star

Door glass is available in the US and very reasonably priced with discount.

Door weatherstrip is not available in the US market for the suffix numbers that begin with -90KXX. They are, however, available for the newer 7x iterations in the 2000's. Whether they would fit or not on our 30 year old iterations would need to be tested.

Window runs are not available in the US market.

The exterior belt mouldings are available in the US market with clips and, again, very reasonably priced-- with or without vent windows. Interior belt mouldings with clips are available as well--with or without vent windows.

joekatana

GOLD Star

Footnote.

This is not "FRP" related. It is factory soft top related.

Well Dan every time I have found one of these it was in a 73 and we never got those in soft top version only FRP.And maybe even 5% of the 70 series where sold as a softop in Europe.

Joe

joekatana

GOLD Star

Were FRP top models sold in any market with removable uppers doors?
Yes but there is no rime or reason to figure out in which year or model I guess they where using whatever was available at the factory at the time.

Joe

Onur

GOLD Star

Footnote.

This is not "FRP" related. It is factory soft top related.

Well yes and no.

These parts will absolutely work for someone with an FRP that is removable with fold down windshield.

They are out there. I have seen them with mine own old eyes.

Those parts pictures are a combination of TP and HT iterations.

joekatana

GOLD Star

Well yes and no.

These parts will absolutely work for someone with an FRP that is removable with fold down windshield.

They are out there. I have seen them with mine own old eyes.

Those parts pictures are a combination of TP and HT iterations.

Let's make this a friendly competition,I have found 3 of these kits so far in the past 20 + years.First one was in my German import LJ73 long long time ago,second one comes out of a 1990 LJ73 VX regular Belgium market and the third one I found on an attic ;)

Joe

Onur

GOLD Star

^^^^ YEAH BRO!!!!

I ordered all of those parts separately.

Maybe we can find a case and call it even!!

;)

Top Bottom