70 Series General Tech and Classifieds.

joekatana

GOLD Star

@dnp This looks like a older version. It's a diesel, but right hand drive. Looks like a fair price @ 20K.

1991 Toyota Land Cruiser for sale near LAS VEGAS, Nevada 89119 - Classics on Autotrader
20k for a rhd with a engine that is the least desirable of all after the equally bad VM’s ...... that is way to high

Fyi if you find the same truck in lhd the engine will be less troublesome because of the lack of emmision equipment that kills most of these prematurely

beno

Gihee Arakawa
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star

You all that are interested in a 7x: you all got serious homework to do.

I highly recommend driving one first before purchasing.

beno

Gihee Arakawa
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star

Why do you say that? Long wheel base coils KZ motor seems like a winner
Mainly because these are vehicles we never received here.

What looks good on the screen is hardly the case most of the time. Regardless of the platform.

All the iterations showing up tend to be s*** box VM or 2L-T engines.

There is very little knowledge beyond the fact that it “looks cool” and sounds “exotic.” Those are not good criteria for making a good vehicle purchasing decision.

wct49

POWERED BY AMEX

What looks good on the screen is hardly the case most of the time. Regardless of the platform.

There is very little knowledge beyond the fact that it “looks cool” and sounds “exotic.” Those are not good criteria for making a good vehicle purchasing decision.

upload_2018-3-11_10-57-19.png

BMThiker

I aim to misbehave
SILVER Star

But...nothing I'm sure Mosely Motors can't remedy with an LS engine and 80 axle swap ;)

It's just money, right?

richj11

SILVER Star

You all that are interested in a 7x: you all got serious homework to do.

I highly recommend driving one first before purchasing.

Yeah, so, I've been around here for some time now. Had a 40, 80 and a FJ Cruiser.

But when I read Beno's post, I got a little nervous... :)

At my age, it's not about looking cool or sounding exotic. It's about ME and what I want... and I can afford it :)

Awesome thread btw. I'm sure I'll be using it a lot in the near future.

LDowney

Sir Bossman,
As I recall your 74 has a PTO winch already on her; but if you are researching 24v winches, I just installed a Pierce winch in my 70. Obviously, I opted for the 24v model but I selected it with a 9000lb rating and an 8 inch wide drum (to allow fitting the winch down between the frame (as far as I could go and retain structure). Here are a few pictures of my approach.

Joe5.jpg
Joe3.jpg
Joe2.jpg

G-Cat

SILVER Star

So is this a popular custom mod in Japan (I assume the half-cab is not a Toyota configuration)?

I don’t know wether to like it or hate it...but have definately never seen one like it (for good reason?)

Advertised as a 1991 HZJ-73

85A0A011-F41A-4370-AA58-AA7670AF1357.jpeg
5CBBD167-C4D2-4DFE-8652-5388B6C42C11.jpeg
06B65085-A137-4C15-BA75-CCEA9CC60E79.jpeg
11AF08E1-62BD-4855-B4C9-ED28254DDEF0.jpeg
F908F3C3-391D-4899-82E6-A3A76E6F99F5.jpeg

CandyPants

K9CRZ
SILVER Star

Encountered my first “issue”’with the HZJ73. I noticed that on start up it had this “whirring” noise, like something was spinning up to take off. When i turn it off then on again, all is well. This only happens occasionally. After some deep thoughts and a text to our resident Toyota genius, it is likely the starter getting stuck. It’s a 24v starter and quite a PITA to find (and $$$$) so I ordered a rebuild kit. I’ll report back when it gets here and I give the rebuild a whirl.

Top Bottom