406 Cruiser Heads - Introductions

Hey everyone,

My name is Bob, just got out of the service and found out this week that I will be moving to the Kalispell area of Montana later this summer. Hoping to meet some others once we move here since we do not know anyone there. I have a 2000 LC that is still stock and ready for adventure.

Hey everyone,

My name is Bob, just got out of the service and found out this week that I will be moving to the Kalispell area of Montana later this summer. Hoping to meet some others once we move here since we do not know anyone there. I have a 2000 LC that is still stock and ready for adventure.
Hi Bob, share what trails you find over there. I may be moving to that area soon.

3_puppies

SILVER Star

Hey everyone,

I think @Bret is in that area of the state.

Hello there. Jerry R here. Getting ready to move on up to Polson. Going to build a house on Flathead Lake. Have had our FJ40 since 1985. We live currently in Placerville, CA. Gateway to the Rubicon. Have traveled that trail more times than we can count. Ran the Friends of the Rubicon volunteers for 6 years. Worked closely with the county to keep the trail open. Have run Fordyce Trail many times also. Been a member of TLCA since 1985. my wife Julie and I are currently in the cruiser club, Toys on the Rocks. Looking forward to some new trails. Here is a pick of our rig, its changed abit since this pic. Moved front and rear springs forward and back 4 inchs. FJ60 in back and Alcan in front, and the normal stuff.
Gone is the diamond plate, new roll bar, its just money.
Hopefully can meet up with some other cruiser heads. Take care.

crusier.jpg

Hey everyone! my name is Brian and I am new to Mud and new to the Bozeman area. My wife and I have been here for just over a month and have loved exploring the local area. I drive the poor mans version of the land cruiser, a Mitsubishi Montero :) I met some of you on a trail ride in june (I jumped in with Rezarf) and look forward to meeting and driving with more of you during the summer!

My name's Meng, located in Helena. Transplant from Minnesota. Been here for 5 years. Totally new to this off-road/wheeling/crawling/whatever thing. I've grown up with Toyotas all my life because of my dad and have owned a few trucks but never off pavement really. Always been a car racing guy. But then I had this sudden urge to buy another Toyota and it kinda bit me hard. Picked up a 91 4Runner 5spd about a month ago and love it. It's not the fanciest but it gets me and the family out and about. Would love to meet other Yota folks and learn from you guys.

Last edited:
Hi guys Danny here. A long time iH8mudder. I’m an original Bozemanite, 67 years old living up in the woods south of town. Little Siberia in the wintertime, snow up to my ass. I had an 82 FJ 60 for awhile, finally used her for a parts rig, an 84 that I get around in, using her to get to my fishing spots, 3000 mi to the 300,000mi club and an 85 that I did a killer rehab on which you may or may not see that I have up for sale as of today. Don’t get out crawling but been there done that for the fish and elk. Use a 64 Dodge Powerwagon for my snow plow that I love….hows that power steering going for ya. Used to run around with a blue canoe on my 84 rack all summer and fall, especially easy for my wife and I to get up to Hyalite all spring through fall until they killed the best fishing in the area with the ice fishing. To bad for that so I don’t give out where else we go in the johnboat. Grew up on the lakes and rivers with my pops especially on Henrys lake in Idaho where the fishing has been really screwed up for years now what with the weeds. Damn it. My wife is a very avid fisherman, we use what gets the fish, lead core, spinning and fly as necessary. I used to be an electrical and plumbing contractor in San Francisco….had to leave in the 70s when there was no work here, I had a good ‘in’ there but finally got back here with friends. Retired with different ills for some time now. Tremors don’t do well with twisting on those lil nuts and bolts ya know. Been mechanicing since I was a boy living down by Main street with a gas station at the corner who let me in as a friend of my dads. Got to dink around to my hearts content. Grew up in a diner next door. Thats about it for me, I’ll be following the threads, I didn’t have a clue you were all here.

Last edited:
Way too early I know, but I can't wait to get to Montana. Plan on moving up in the Summer of 2020.

We're purchasing a place outside of Missoula on 20 acres. Looking forward to putting Texas in the rear view.

rkymtnflyfisher

I’m going fishing
SILVER Star
Way too early I know, but I can't wait to get to Montana. Plan on moving up in the Summer of 2020.

We're purchasing a place outside of Missoula on 20 acres. Looking forward to putting Texas in the rear view.

where at outside of the Zoo?

Top Bottom